Opposites attract

23 May 2013


I heard this song by Paula Abdul in the car a couple of days ago and it immediately triggered my scrapbooking cortex. Well, I think most scrapbookers are like that. Everything is an inspiration source. The idea of opposites got me thinking and I noticed that I have used the concept of opposites on a few layouts in the past. Let me show you a layout I created with the Destination Unknown kit from Scraptastic. I like using the edges of the background paper and try to do it in such a way that is helps the eye travel over the layout. Adding photos to either side helps focus on the title and also highlights the lovely design of the Lilybee patterned paper.You can play along with my Opposites Attract challenge on the Scraptastic Kit club blog. There is a 20$ voucher up for grabs!!!
En écoutant la chanson Opposites Attract de Paula Abdul, j'ai réfléchi à l'idée de l'utilisation des côtés opposés dans mes pages. J'ai remarqué que j'utilise souvent ces bords pour attirer l'attention vers les photos ou d'autres détails. Voici un exemple récent fait avec le kit Destination Unknown de Scraptastic Club. Vous pouvez participer à mon Opposites Attract Challenge sur le blog de Scraptastic Kit Club.





This is another example where I layered clusters of embellishments on opposite borders:
Voici d'autres exemples:


On the next one I used the principal again on the top and bottom edges of the background paper:


I'll be back tomorrow with WHAT IS IN MY TWOPEAS BOX and another layout. Saying a chilly bye bye from Belgium (it is 4°C outside!?!) and see you tomorrow.

SUPPLIES (for the A Sign layout):


2 comments :

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazing layouts! Love the soft colours!

Diana Waite said...

all of these are wonderful I am loving the touch of sequins!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs